FLCPF = LGBTI people’s Health
The Planned Parenthood Federation (Fédération Laïque de Centres de Planning Familial) starts a project aiming to welcome the LGBTI community in the Family Planning Centers.
This project is realized in collaboration with LGBTI organizations (Genres Pluriels, Ex-Aequo, Sida’SOS/Tels Quels), researchers (Observatoire du Sida & des Sexualités) and Plan F, our Family Planning Center’s partner.
The project follows the recommendation of the report « Health 4 LGBTI » (European Commission, 2017). The goals are to adapt the health services access and to create a non-heteronormative and non-binary therapeutic environment, who does not pathologize the lives and the bodies of LGBTI people.
This project contributes to:
- Promote a better access for LGTBI people to the Family Planning Centres;
- Enhance LGBTI people care by questioning the heteronormativity and cis-normativity in the medical, social and psychological practices of the Family Planning Centres.
Our actions are:
- Elaborating a training programme for the healthcare professionals of Family Planning Centres;
- Building a network between LGTBI organizations and Family Planning Centres
- Creating a web platform focused on LGBTI health
- Campaigning with new tools (pamphlet, guide of good practices)
Organizing a conference about health and sexual orientation and gender identity (in Brussels in 2019).
LABEL: ASBL FLCPF (Fédération Laïque de Centres de Planning Familial)
IBAN: BE24 0013 2387 9238
COMMUNICATION: S4L 2019 – Projet OSIG
Donations from 40€ are tax deductible.